Are you looking for a great place to work?
Storm is a locally owned and operated technology company with a commitment to quality that is more than just words – it is part of everything that we do and is deeply ingrained in our culture. It is this commitment to quality and customer service that creates a bond with our customers. Our customers know that when they work with Storm, they have the strength of the entire company on their side.
In order to provide the highest quality of service to our clients, Storm seeks to hire a balance between technical and non-technical individuals.
Commercial Account Executive
As one of Ontario’s leading rural internet service providers since 1996, Storm Internet Services (“Storm”) is focused on continuous innovation and client-driven service and support that consistently exceeds our clients’ expectations. Storm serves both residential and small-to-medium sized businesses in Eastern Ontario providing a variety of hi-speed internet solutions across 8,000 square kilometres of the Ottawa Valley and beyond.
You will be responsible for all aspects of commercial sales for Storm, owning the client relationship from initial contact to the close of the sale and beyond. This will include following up on leads, generating referrals, customizing our solutions to fit the client’s requirements and managing new territories as Storm continues to grow its business.
The Job Duties include:
- Selling telecommunications products and services to businesses
- Developing business relationships with current and potential customers
- Working with a vertical sales focus, targeting specific industries within a geographical area
- Cold calling, lead generation, networking and obtaining referrals both in-person and by phone
- Designing customized solutions for customers, delivering accurate and cost-effective quotes to close the deal
- Keeping abreast of current technological trends
- Researching and capturing competitor intelligence and forward this information to marketing
- Maintaining and update a sales database and preparing sales reports
- Other duties as required
The Ideal Candidate will have:
- 2+ years of experience selling Fibre/DSL/Cable technological solutions
- A drive to exceed goals and expectations, working independently to meet sales quotas
- Strong negotiation and relationship building skills
- The ability to manage competing demands on their time
- A class “G” license, access to a reliable car and a clean driver’s abstract
- A team player mentality with strong interpersonal skills and professional mannerisms
- A college or university degree in business, technology or other relevant field
- Superior communication skills, able to speak and write to a diverse customer base
- Attention to detail and superior analytic skills
- Experience with the MS Office Suite of programs (Excel, Outlook, etc.) or equivalent
JOIN A GROWING TEAM OF DIVERSE PEOPLE WORKING TOGETHER TO RAISE THE STANDARD FOR INTERNET SOLUTIONS
Storm promotes a work-life balance for all its employees by providing an exceptional corporate benefits package. This helps us achieve this goal as our people are truly our greatest assets — our benefits program includes life insurance, extended health care including dental, drugs and vision care as well as Group RRSP program, Employee Assistance program and much more:
- Base salary with unlimited commissions
- 3 weeks vacation per calendar year
- Car and cell phone allowance
- “free” internet is provided to all of our employees
- Modern offices centrally located in the west-end of Ottawa with lots of free parking
- Company laptop and more will be provided
Part-Time Residential Client Service Representative
Storm has an immediate opening for a Part-Time Residential Client Service Representative (CSR) who is available to work a variety of shifts based out of Storm’s Ottawa Office. You will be supporting Storm’s residential clients in a call centre environment.
Key responsibilities include technical troubleshooting with clients calling to resolve concerns related to their internet/network connectivity and email. Liaise with internal departments to investigate and escalate technical issues as appropriate as well as documenting trouble tickets and technical issues on client accounts.
The successful applicant should be able to interact with clients professionally but in a friendly manner, be able to work under pressure, possess excellent communications skills (reading and writing), problem-solving and be available to work days, evenings and weekends as the schedule is published. Basic knowledge of home networking, email and VOIP technologies is an asset. Any related experience in a call centre environment would be considered a definite asset.
This part-time position could lead to full-time employment if you are the right candidate; Storm offers a wide range of corporate benefits to all full-time employees. If you are interested in joining our team, please respond to this ad.
At Storm Internet Services, we strive for excellence. We know our success is based on the high quality of our services, and—more importantly—the contributions of our team. Storm is committed to providing unsurpassed customer service.
If you are interested in joining our team, we’d like to hear from you! Please send your CV in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org