Are you looking for a great place to work?
Storm is a locally owned and operated technology company with a commitment to quality that is more than just words – it is part of everything that we do and is deeply ingrained in our culture. It is this commitment to quality and customer service that creates a bond with our customers. Our customers know that when they work with Storm, they have the strength of the entire company on their side.
In order to provide the highest quality of service to our clients, Storm seeks to hire a balance between technical and non-technical individuals.
(Based out of Storm’s Ottawa Office)
Storm has been providing fast and reliable internet connections to homes and businesses across Ontario and Western Quebec since 1996. With a primary focus on its Wireless network in the rural regions South and West of Ottawa, Storm brings their many high-speed internet solutions to communities otherwise limited to slower or data limited services. Storm is especially proud to ask its customers to “Rediscover Customer Service”!
You will be responsible for providing support for the systems environment. You must be able to provide escalation support for incidents and service requests and be able to address them with an appropriate sense of urgency. You will also be responsible for the implementation and management of the Systems Department’s assets, including network, storage and server infrastructure. You will work closely with other team members to deploy, administer, and support networked systems and infrastructure required to support the ongoing operations and business objectives in accordance with security policies and procedures.
* Setup, configure, tune and troubleshoot production Debian Linux and Solaris 10 servers
* Apply software patches, firmware updates and other upgrades on a regular basis, and maintain administrative tools and utilities
* Administer several enterprise systems such as Proxmox, Postfix, Dovecot, Apache, Nginx, Logstash, Icinga, WordPress,, Ubiquiti Unifi management, MySQL, MongoDB, Redis, Elasticsearch, as well as several internally developed applications.
* Setup and maintain Cisco routers and switches
* Setup and maintain Mikrotik, Ubiquiti and Xirrus routers, switches and wireless access points
* Setup and maintain network monitoring, alerting and logging systems
* Research and recommend innovative, and where possible, automated approaches for system administration tasks
* Perform daily systems monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all network and server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled tasks
* Investigate and troubleshoot network connectivity, LAN and WAN issues
* Provide tier 2 support to employees and customers
* Repair and recover from hardware or software failures
* BS/BA degree in related discipline, equivalent experience or related certification required.
* 3-4 years of experience administering a *nix environment.
* 1-2 years of experience administering a primarily Cisco networking environment
* Experience working in a virtualized Linux environment (KVM/Proxmox, LXC/Docker)
* Experience with the LAMP and LEMP web service stacks
* Experience using scripting languages such as PHP, Perl, Python, Ruby, or Bash to automate and integrate systems, applications and routine tasks
* General PC support in a Windows 7, Windows 2012 Server w/ Active Directory environment
* Strong critical thinking skills; using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions
* Ability to work with diverse technical and non-technical clients
* Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communications skills
* Strong team player with a positive attitude, committed to the success of the overall team
* Cisco CCNA / CCNP Routing and Switching certification
* Demonstrated success in planning, designing, implementing, managing and troubleshooting *nix environments as well as relevant management and monitoring tools
* Knowledge of network design principles and network management; computer and network security; and performance tuning techniques
The Right Job Fit
* Must be able to lift, move and install server and network equipment up to 50lbs
* Provides 24x7x365 support of critical systems and services as part of an on-call rotation
* Availability to work during off-hours for systems maintenance and upgrade windows
* Must be able to work longer hours when implementing, troubleshooting and resolving problems in a production environment
* Performs other duties as assigned
At Storm, we value our employees and the contributions they make to help us meet our corporate targets! We reward performance and initiative with competitive salaries and benefits. Our benefits program includes health, dental, vision, life insurance, worldwide travel insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, employee assistance program, group RRSP program and much more!
If you want to be part of our “TEAM”, please send your CV in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position posted on Tuesday, November 27, 2018
At Storm, we strive for excellence, knowing our success is based on the high quality of our services and, most importantly, the contributions of our people. We are committed to providing unsurpassed customer service and exceptional customer experience.